Browse the Site
Pick your Brace Colors before you come!
Dr. Emma is nationally awarded Elite Preferred Provider Status for her extensive experience using Invisalign since its first introduction in 1999. She is among the top 1% of Invisalign certified specialists in North America.
Please contact Dr. Emma’s office with any questions or to schedule your free initial consultation.
Braces and Food: What to Eat and What to Avoid
Be careful to protect the orthodontic appliances when you eat. Faithfully follow our instructions on foods to avoid.
- For the first day or so, soft foods will be more appropriate.
- Be in the habit of cutting your food into small pieces and chewing with your back teeth.
- NEVER bite directly into anything with your front teeth
- Such as apples, pears, corn on the cob, spare ribs, buffalo wings, and any meat on the bones.
- Hard foods are off limits or must be cut up in small pieces and chewed with your back teeth
- These include foods such as hard cookies, pizza crust, hard breads, hard pretzels, bagels, hard candies, frozen snacks, ice cubes, and raw vegetables.
- Chewy, sticky candy are OFF LIMITS. There are no exceptions
- such as laffy taffy, skittles, Starbursts, tootsie rolls, gum, gummy worms, gummy bears, sour patch kids, jelly beans, caramel, and licorice
- Chewing sticky things may not immediately cause damage but, they will do damage over time